In what currency will my donations be processed?
All donations will be processed in Canadian currency.
What are the fees associated with the way I choose to give?
- For pre-authorized monthly giving: $0.50 per transaction. Set-up here.
- Offering envelopes: One-year supply of envelopes are offered with no charge to the donor. The approximate cost to the church is approximately $3.00 per set of envelopes.
- INTERAC e-transfer: Incurred charges are based on your bank’s transaction fee arrangement. There is no fee on our end.
- Canada Helps: Donations can be made via credit card with fees of 4% for one-time donations and 3.5% for monthly donations that are applied on the amount of the donation. Canada Helps issues a tax receipt for 100% of the value of your donation. We receive the amount of your donation less the processing fee.
- Text2Give: Donations are processed via Stripe with fees of 3.3% plus $0.30 per transaction. 100% of your donation is tax receiptable. We receive the amount of your donation less the processing fees.
- Securities: Fees are based on your broker’s commission.
Is it secure to give online?
How do I get enrolled in the Pre-Authorized Giving program?
Download the PAG Authorization Form to set this up.
Tell me more about donating through CanadaHelps
Your official tax receipt can be obtained through their website. An acknowledgment of your contributions will be mailed to you in February. For more information please see CanadaHelps’s help page.
When will my tax receipt be sent?
Receipts are sent out in February of the following year. Should there be occasion to receive your receipt earlier, please contact the office with your request.
How will my donation be used?
General donations are used to pay for the day to day operating expenses of the church as outlined and voted on in our annual financial vestry.
Can I earmark a donation for something other than the general operating expenses of the Church?
There are other funds that can be donated to as approved by the church wardens. CRA stipulates that donations earmarked for an individual cannot be tax receiptable.
Can I obtain a receipt for donated goods?
You may submit to the church office a reimbursement request for the cost of the goods purchased. When you receive the reimbursement, you can then donate the amount back to the church the amount of which will be added to your yearly tax receipt.
How does Text2Give work?
Text “Give” to (647) 496-2944. You will be prompted to indicate an amount and whether this is a one-time or a recurring gift. Text “$ amount” to 84321 to give (ex. 25 general) and press send. (Standard message & data rates may apply.) The link you receive via text message will take you to a credit card payment on a web browser. If you complete a transaction, future giving can be done completely through text. You can also text “Help” to view a legend of fund-specific donations.
What payment methods are available for Text2Give?
You can set up your payment method via credit card, Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, and any other payment method supported by Stripe.
Will I receive a receipt for a gift sent through Text2Give?
Yes. Every time you give, you will get a receipt showing when you donated, how much, and where your donation was designated. In addition, this service is CRA-friendly. Your official annual tax receipt statement will continue to be sent once a year and will include any donations made through Text2Give.